"Just 'cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town." -- George Carlin

Monday, May 12, 2008

First Mother's Day


Technically, last year was my first Mother's Day since I was pregnant with Monkey then. But for me, this year was the one that counted. I wondered for most of last week if DH would remember and what Monkey would "get" me.


DH did a fantastic job (as usual with occasions). While I was in the shower Saturday, after huffing furniture quickly from our basement to the middle level, flowers were delivered to the house. I walked downstairs and started talking about the "plan" for the rest of the day when I saw them. I was definitely shocked --flowers and EARLY at that.

They're beautiful and the card was very touching. I was verclemp after reading it.

Thanks babe. And thank you, lil' Monkey, for making my first Mother's Day a very special one.

3 comments:

lilmary said...

Aw, I'm glad that your first official Mother's Day was a good one. We went to see family for the weekend which worked out nicely. My DD got a book that is filled with photos of her, me, DH and other family members. It's really cute with funny little captions. DH got us a membership to our local pool--I'm so excited! All in all, a great day.

-goofydaddy said...

happy belated first mother's day!

we did the early dinner thing at Clyde's with all four grandparents. the babe was in a perfect angel mood, grinning at them and hugging without being asked. all three mothers commented how that was the best mother's day gift of all :-)

I'm just glad I didn't have to run around after her and try to placate her while the moms got some free time!

caramama said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day! Glad to hear it was good, and those flowers are gorgeous! You know how I love the stargazer lillies!