"Just 'cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town." -- George Carlin

Monday, December 24, 2007

Trogg's Nog -- Egg Nog gets a makeover!

We did not have a Christmas party this year and will probably not have another one until lil' Monkey is a bit older. We had ONE party two years ago and I had wanted it to be a tradition. But being in my first trimester last year, I just didn't have the energy. This year we have Monkey which makes partying a bit hard so I think we'll hold off on continuing that tradition for a few years. Er, STARTING that tradition really.

However, there's one item we served at the party which I believe will become a tradition in the meantime: Trogg's nog. (I don't think the drink was named after Trogdor but the image fits IMO.)

I might just have one this Christmas Eve after Monkey goes to bed. If anyone is interested, here's the recipe (from Drink Swap):

Ice cubes
1 oz. Grand Marnier
1/2 oz. Creme de Cacao
Fill to top with Egg Nog

Enjoy!

3 comments:

caramama said...

I had a good time at that party. I've been wondering if you were going to continue doing it. Now I know the answer: Maybe. ;-)

-goofydaddy said...

hmmm... we have left over egg nog, but none of the other ingredients! i'ma have to go to the nearest ABC, are they open on christmas day?

trogdor was a man... no wait - maybe he was a dragon man!

La folle maman said...

KZ --

We still have the ingredients here so next time you guys are over, we'll make one!

Have a good holiday!