"Just 'cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town." -- George Carlin

Friday, February 29, 2008

O'Reilly Book Cover Maker

Earlier today, I posted the Google Photo Meme which was quite fun. While compiling the photos for the meme, I looked for the book cover featuring my favorite animal, the least weasel (if they weren't wild, I'd probably want one as a pet). While looking for that book cover, I stumbled across the O'Reilly Maker. It is a site where you can make the cover of your own O'Reilly book!

For anyone who isn't familiar with O'Reilly, they're a big publisher of techie books. Anyone who has worked on a web application in some capacity for any length, whether it be as a web designer or a programmer, they've undoubtedly either read or even bought a book from this publisher. So for geeks like me, this is hilarious.

Here are the two I created today (couldn't just settle for one!):



Programmer Ego


Code Snatcher

If you want to make your own, go to http://www.oreillymaker.com/. And if you want to show everyone your cover design, feel free to post a link to them in the comments!

3 comments:

-goofydaddy said...

fresh off the presses!

my life in the graphics world

funny south park episode maybe too easy to make this cover :-)

last one i promise

La folle maman said...

Cool covers, GoofyDaddy! I really liked the ode to Python one!

-goofydaddy said...

thanks - i made those late last night as i was getting sick :-( apparently we've got what the little one had last monday night. luckily, Dana had it saturday afternoon, and is fine today. me? not so good, but getting better - i was up most of the night and this morning hanging out in the bathroom. :-\